Multi-Agent Programming Contest
- Prof. Dr. Jürgen Dix (Leader)
- Dipl.-Inf. Tristan Behrens
- Dipl.-Inf. Michael Köster
- Mgr. Federico Schlesinger
- Dr. Jomi F. Hübner
Duration: since 01/2005
This competition is an attempt to stimulate research in the area of multi-agent system development and programming by
- identifying key problems,
- collecting suitable benchmarks, and
- gathering test cases which require and enforce coordinated action
that can serve as milestones for testing multi-agent programming languages, platforms and tools. We also expect that participating at the contest helps to debug existing systems and to identify their weak and strong aspects.
The performance of a particular system will be determined in a series of games where the systems compete against each other. While winning the competition is not the main point, we hope it will shed light on the applicability of certain frameworks to particular domains.